Christmas baking does not seem as overwhelming this year as it did last year. I have learned ways to adjust our recipes and make them more carb friendly. So, instead of not making a few of our long time favorite Christmas goodies this year, I am simply trying them with some adjustments. My first one to try was Puppy Chow and it turned out great!
- 9 cups of Rice Chex Cereal (or similar)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I use organic no sugar added)
- 1 cup sugar free Hershey’s Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup regular powdered sugar
- 1 cup Swerve powdered sugar alternative
- In a saucepan melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips together.
- Once smooth and melted remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Place the 9 cups of rice chex into a bowl and pour the melted coating over the cereal.
- Toss to coat all the pieces.
- Once the pieces are well coated, place them in a large paper bag.
- Add the regular powdered sugar and the Swerve. Close the bag and shake well until each piece is lightly coated in powdered sugar.
- Spread the mix out on parchment paper to cool.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Nutritional Information – 1 serving is 1/2 cup = 20 g carbs