Well today is Pi Day and it is also one of our busy days of the weeks where we all eat dinner at different times. So I decided I wanted to make a Pie for Pi Day that we could all enjoy together later on this evening. I began searching options that would be low carb friendly and didn’t find exactly what I wanted. I did however, get an idea of a pie to create on my own. So here is my Sugar Free Banana Pudding Pie!
Sugar Free Banana Pudding Pie
- 22 vanilla wafers (regular size)
- 2 med bananas
- 1 package instant Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom of your pie shell with the vanilla wafers. You will be able to see the bottom of the shell – but it will work just fine.
- Slice the 2 bananas and layer them on top of the vanilla wafers.
- Mix your instant Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding and the 2 cups of cold milk. Whisk together for about 2 minutes until it thickens. (You could use cook and serve if you can find sugar free. I could only find the sugar free in the instant mix)
- Pour the pudding mixture over the bananas and wafers, coating evenly.
- Separate 3 egg whites into a bowl. Mix on high speed to fluff.
- While mixing add in cream of tarter and Swerve.
- Continue mixing until it is thick and peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over top of the pudding mixture.
- Place in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool and then chill for 2 hours to set.
Nutritional Information: Total Carbs – 143 g carbs, 1 slice (1/8 of the pie) – 18 carbs
It is Thanksgiving morning and I just put our Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie in the oven. I realized I had not ever blogged this item, so here you go. Thanksgiving is not always a lower carb day – so in the areas that you can cut some carbs we go for it. This is a yummy pumpkin pie – that no one would realize is sugar free if you didn’t tell them! Enjoy…
- 9 inch pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Swerve Granulated Sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium bowl mix together eggs, Swerve Sweetener and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Add in pumpkin and evaporated milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the pumpkin shell.
- Bake for about 40 – 45 minutes – or until the center is set.
Nutritional Information – 1/8 of pie is 15 carbs
Who doesn’t love chocolate and I was excited to find this low carb version of chocolate silk pie that I adjusted. I did go ahead and use a graham cracker crust. It is just so much simpler and still a nice low version of a yummy pie. We have tried several different recipes and some will not make this blog. This one however, is one that I will make again. Hope you give it a try too.
- graham cracker crust
- 6 ounces salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetend baking chocolate, melted
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- Bake your graham cracker crust according to the directions on the shell.
- Finely chop the unsweetened chocolate baking squares and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in 30 second intervals until almost melted.
- Put the butter and Swerve in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and add the melted chocolate and beat for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup cream and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the pasteurized eggs, 1 at a time. Beating a couple minutes between each egg. (Make sure to use PASTEURIZED EGGS since you will NOT cook this pie)
- Once all 3 eggs are added slowly, finish with a burst of high speed on the mixer for about 1 minute.
- Place the mixture into the graham cracker crust and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place 3/4 cup heavy cream and 2 Tablespoons of Swerve Confectioners Sweetener in a bowl. Whip on high till stiff.
- Spread whip cream over the filling mixture
- Top with unsweetened chocolate curls if desired.
Nutritional Information: 1/12 of the pie is 1 serving: 1 serving is 18 g Carbs