Well today is Pi Day and it is also one of our busy days of the weeks where we all eat dinner at different times. So I decided I wanted to make a Pie for Pi Day that we could all enjoy together later on this evening. I began searching options that would be low carb friendly and didn’t find exactly what I wanted. I did however, get an idea of a pie to create on my own. So here is my Sugar Free Banana Pudding Pie!
Sugar Free Banana Pudding Pie
- 22 vanilla wafers (regular size)
- 2 med bananas
- 1 package instant Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom of your pie shell with the vanilla wafers. You will be able to see the bottom of the shell – but it will work just fine.
- Slice the 2 bananas and layer them on top of the vanilla wafers.
- Mix your instant Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding and the 2 cups of cold milk. Whisk together for about 2 minutes until it thickens. (You could use cook and serve if you can find sugar free. I could only find the sugar free in the instant mix)
- Pour the pudding mixture over the bananas and wafers, coating evenly.
- Separate 3 egg whites into a bowl. Mix on high speed to fluff.
- While mixing add in cream of tarter and Swerve.
- Continue mixing until it is thick and peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over top of the pudding mixture.
- Place in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool and then chill for 2 hours to set.
Nutritional Information: Total Carbs – 143 g carbs, 1 slice (1/8 of the pie) – 18 carbs