During the summer we like to have different types of kebabs on the grill. The honey lime shrimp are wonderful and give a sweet taste when combined on a kebab. Plus, now that we have found Sugar Free Honey it is a low carb option. Since you do not want to over cook the shrimp, I usually just make kebabs of only shrimp and then separate veggie kebabs.
Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar Free Honey
- Juice of 1 large lime (4 – 5 Tablespoons)
- Zest of 1 small lime
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a large ziplock bag combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Place the shrimp in the bag and place it in the fridge.
- Marinate for 30 – 60 minutes flipping the bad a couple times during the process. DO NOT marinate longer than and hour and a half, as the citric acid will start “cooking” the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on the kebabs. If you are not planning on placing them on skewers, let them sit on the counter at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Prepare a medium high heat grill. Cook the skewers about 1 minute and then flip. Cook another 30 seconds or so until the shrimp are opaque.
- Serve immediately
Nutritional Information: 1/4 pound shrimp – 2 g carbs