I am more of a cookie person than a cake person, but cupcakes that combine some flavors I do love. So when I was sent this recipe by a friend I decided to give them a try with a couple tweaks. Primarily I altered the recipe to use the baking supplies I have found are our favorites when creating a low carb dessert. These turned out great! I only made 12 muffins the first time, but this recipe is for 24, and trust me I will be making the other 12 today!
Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Jiffy Baking Blend (I have found this to be the lowest carb in our grocery)
- 2/3 cup Swerve sweetener, granular
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener, granular
- 6 squares of 60% bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper wrappers into muffin tins.
- You can just dump all the chocolate cake ingredients into the bowl at once and mix well either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins and use a spoon to make a small well in the center of the batter.
- In another bowl mix the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, butter and Swerve sweetener. Blend until smooth
- Divide the cheesecake batter between the cupcakes – leaving some chocolate batter showing.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cupcakes with the chopped chocolate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the cheesecake is slightly firm, puffed up and turning a golden brown around the edges.
Nutritional Information – 1 cupcake is 6 g carbs.