I love fresh peaches and went searching for a low carb friendly peach cobbler or crisp. What I found was wonderful and it made a great dessert. This is a keeper. We paired ours with 1/3 cup of Breyers CarbSmart Ice Cream– which still kept the entire dessert at just 25 g carbs.
- 5 peaches (medium to large)
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons off cinnamon
- 1/8 cup of old fashioned oats
- 6 Tablespoons of butter, cold
- Prepare and 8×8 baking dish, set aside, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel your peaches and cut them into pieces. Place the pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of Splenda Brown Sugar mix to the peach pieces. Toss until all the peaches are covered.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the pecan halves into a food processor and pulse until they are fine.
- Add the almond flour, 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, cinnamon, and oats to the food processor.
- Pulse a few times until well mixed.
- Cut your cold butter into squares and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly pea sized pieces.
- Place the topping over the peaches in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the topping slightly browns.
Nutritional Information – 1 serving (1/6 of the recipe) is 16 g carbs