What teens, or adults for that matter, don’t enjoy the taste of cookie dough? Well, eating cookie dough out of the tub is not a low carb friendly thing to do, so when I found this recipe on Swerve Sweeteners Website, everyone was thrilled. A chance to have that cookie dough bite and not send your blood sugar crazy. So give these a try – you will be amazed.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 4 – 6 ounces of sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, confectioners Swerve and salt.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla.
- When mixed well, stir in 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Scoop dough out by rounded tablespoon and press together with your hands.
- Roll into a ball and place on waxed paper or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the dough is used – typically makes about 24 balls.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 1 hour.
- When your hour is close to being up, melt your sugar free chocolate chips and butter together. I do this in 15 second intervals in the microwave – stirring after each. Do not over heat.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and dip in the melted chocolate until covered.
- Place back on the cookie sheet and place in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note – you can also drizzle the chocolate over the balls, but my girls liked the entire thing coated in a layer of chocolate.
Nutritional Information – 1 Cookie Dough Bite – 5 g carbs