I love the smell of BBQ chicken on the grill! Plus my favorite part of the BBQ chicken are the little pieces that get crispy. So, if you cut your chicken into small pieces to cook you should get a lot of the crispiness. This recipe lets you marinate the chicken about an hour before cooking, which also gives the chicken a great flavor and tenderness. I have found a new staple in our summer menus.
BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 6 – 8 Chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/3 cup of Sugar Free Honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Porter or Stout beer
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- BBQ sauce of choice. I use Mark’s Feed Store Red Sauce which is a local company and only 7 g carbs a serving.
- Bamboo Skewers
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, porter, soy sauce, mustard and garlic powder.
- Place cubed chicken thighs in a dish and pour the marinade over top. Cover, refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Soak the bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes in water before preparing.
- Once they have soaked 30 minutes – 1 hour, pull chicken cubes out of the marinade and place on the skewers.
- Spray the completed skewers on both slides lightly with cooking spray.
- Preheat the grill to medium high and prepare grates.
- Brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and place on the grill. Turn every 2 – 4 minutes and brush with more BBQ each time until cooked through.
Nutritional Information – 1 skewer is about 5 g carbs (based on our BBQ sauce and marinade)