We love apple butter, but so many of the ones from the store just add tons of sugar. I was thrilled to find a simple recipe that I changed to match our tastes that would allow us to have a carb friendly version and so simple to make!
- 3 pounds apples – I used Gala
- 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar blend
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut up the apples into small pieces – do not peel
- Place apples, splenda brown sugar blend, vinegar, and spices into a prepared crock pot. Stir until all apples look coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours – stirring a couple times
- Turn the crock pot to high and cook an additional 2 hours
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth
- Cook uncovered for about 1 more hour on low – just enough to thicken
- I canned mine – prepare the jars during the final hour. Then seal with the water bath canning method.
Nutrition – 1 Tablespoon is 3 g carbs.