This is a great summer recipe for chicken and fresh zucchini. It changes things up a little and looks very impressive, while not the difficult. Plus I usually make extra zucchini filling and place it out as an appetizer with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 medium zucchini, shredded. Need at least 1 1/2 cups for the chicken portion.
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (increase if you make extra filling)
- 8 thin cut chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- When hot, saute the garlic for about 1 minute or until golden. Add zucchini and romano cheese and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and when it has cooled some add the mozzarella cheese and mix together.
- Lay the chicken cutlets down on a surface and spread 3 Tablespoons of zucchini mixture over the cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one and place with seam side down.
- Place breadcrumbs in one bowl and lemon juice in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a second one.
- Dip the chicken in the lemon-oil mix and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the prepared pan with the seam side down.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and serve immediately
Nutritional Information: Serving size is 2 chicken rollatini for 10 g carbs