I love green beans but sometimes it gets challenging finding ways to make them differently. We love the slow cooked and stir fried versions, but this recipe gives us a roasted version as well. They almost taste like sweet and like candy. Hope you enjoy them too.
Balsamic Roasted Green Beans
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound green beans, cut into about bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse the mushrooms and let them dry. Then slice them into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Cut the ends of the mushrooms off and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Place the green beans and mushrooms into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over vegetables in the bag.
- Shake the bag until all the vegetables are lightly coated.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the vegetables out in single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Roast 20 – 30 minutes, checking regularly after 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Information: 0 carbs