Kale chips are something we started making after visiting Anthony in Boulder one summer. They are a great alternative to a salad and offer a crunch to the meal. I do not like kale any other way and was even hesitant to try these, but they are worth it. A great way to get a very healthy vegetable into your kids.
- 1 bunch of fresh kale
- olive oil
- Rip the kale into pieces. Make sure to rip away from the rib on the leaf. You will not use this part in your kale chips.
- Place the pieces in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale and toss until all kale is lightly coated. Add small amounts at a time so you don’t over coat.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Spread the kale out on 2 cookie sheets so it is one layer. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Not all the kale will be done at the same time. Remove pieces that are crisp all the way through and place remaining kale back in the oven for 5 minutes more.
- Continue this process until all the kale is crisp and finished.
Nutritional Information: 0 carbs