This recipe is one of our favorites because it is a quick one to cook. Sarah’s dance schedule means many times we eat without her or eat late once she is home. Beef and broccoli is great because I can do all the prep work, then it takes Mike no time to cook it up while I pick up Sarah. Once again, this recipes only real carbs come from the rice. For this dinner we actually prefer brown rice – so it is a complex carb as well. Next time you need a quick dinner give this one a try!
Beef and Broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp Swerve, granular
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pound top sirloin roast
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon sherry
- 1 – 2 heads of broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl.
- Cut the steak into long thin slices and mix with the marinade coating the pieces evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk well. This can be made ahead, just whisk and remix when ready to cook.
- Cut the broccoli heads into pieces and place in a pot filled with water. Blanche the broccoli. Remove and drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. When oil is shimmering, reduce heat to medium high and add the broccoli and cook about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the marinated meat and 1/2 of the sauce. Saute for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring often, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute for a minute more.
Nutritional Information: Beef and Broccoli alone is 1 g carbs per serving. Served with 3/4 cup cooked brown rice 34 g carbs – so entire serving is 35 g carbs.