We love zucchini, especially in the summer months when it is nice and fresh. So I have found several different recipes for zucchini. Now there are many ways to cook zucchini that are completely carb free and this is not one of them. That said, it is not a high carb option either and it offers a different way to enjoy your zucchini. I usually pair this with corn on the cob instead of a potato and pasta to keep the total carbs for the meal in a wonderful range.
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Grate the zucchini and remove excess water. Squeeze grated zucchini is a paper towel to remove the water and then place drained zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix
- Add grated cheese and Old Bay Seasoning and mix
- Add in Italian Bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Form into 8 patties and set aside
- Heat oil in in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown. About 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with salt before serving.
Nutritional Information: 1 zucchini cake is 10 g carbs. Serving size is 2 cakes (20 g carbs total per serving)