Who doesn’t love chocolate and I was excited to find this low carb version of chocolate silk pie that I adjusted. I did go ahead and use a graham cracker crust. It is just so much simpler and still a nice low version of a yummy pie. We have tried several different recipes and some will not make this blog. This one however, is one that I will make again. Hope you give it a try too.
- graham cracker crust
- 6 ounces salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetend baking chocolate, melted
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- Bake your graham cracker crust according to the directions on the shell.
- Finely chop the unsweetened chocolate baking squares and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in 30 second intervals until almost melted.
- Put the butter and Swerve in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and add the melted chocolate and beat for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup cream and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the pasteurized eggs, 1 at a time. Beating a couple minutes between each egg. (Make sure to use PASTEURIZED EGGS since you will NOT cook this pie)
- Once all 3 eggs are added slowly, finish with a burst of high speed on the mixer for about 1 minute.
- Place the mixture into the graham cracker crust and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place 3/4 cup heavy cream and 2 Tablespoons of Swerve Confectioners Sweetener in a bowl. Whip on high till stiff.
- Spread whip cream over the filling mixture
- Top with unsweetened chocolate curls if desired.
Nutritional Information: 1/12 of the pie is 1 serving: 1 serving is 18 g Carbs