For Christmas we always have a wonderful brunch that has usually included pancakes or waffles. Both of these options are not super carb friendly. Since we also love Mike’s hashbrowns I started looking for a different sweet option for our brunch. The Berry Strudel Croissants were wonderful and just hit the spot.
Berry Strudel Croissants
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (frozen are fine if fresh is not available)
- 4 Tablespoons sugar free Strawberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- sheets phyllo dough – thawed
- butter flavor cooking spray
- Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375 degree and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine fresh raspberries, strawberry jam and lemon zest and mash until evenly combined.
- Unfold phyllo dough and separate 1 piece. Make sure to keep the other pieces covered so they do not dry out.
- Spray your one sheet with butter cooking spray. Place a second piece of phyllo dough on top of the first. Spray with butter cooking spray. Repeat this process until 4 sheets are stacked.
- Cut the dough into wedges.
- Spread the fruit mixture onto the wedges and roll like a croissant.
- Place rolls on the parchment paper point side down. Continue until you have made the number or rolls you would like. The fruit mixture will give you 12 – 16 rolls depending on how much fruit you place in each one.
- Lightly spray the finished rolls with the cooking spray.
- Bake from 12 – 14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Sprinkle with Swerve Confectioners Sweetener once cool.
Nutritional Information – 1 roll is 6 g carbs. Serving of 2 rolls is just 12 carbs