These were a staple in our house even before trying to watch the carbs – so now they are great! We fix these before homemade pizza or calzones and they give you a great breadstick appetizer and your vegetables. When the girls have friends over we never tell them what they are eating until AFTER they have tried them. It never fails that everyone likes them – so give them a try. We love to serve them with left over marinara.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut the cauliflower into small sections and place in a food processor to grate.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and add 1 whole egg and 1 egg white and mix until all of the cauliflower is lightly coated in egg.
- Add the seasonings. If you feel it needs more, please add. I usually just do this to sight.
- Add in the cheese.
- Prepare a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and spread the mixture out. A nice thin layer is the best – even if you do not use all of the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes. At 35 minutes start checking every couple minutes. They are ready when they are lightly browned on top.
- Remove and cut into stick slices. Serve with marinara for dipping.
Nutritional Information – 1/4 of the recipe is 5 g carbs.