Growing up our family would eat Spaghetti with some friends very often and I loved their homemade Spaghetti Sauce. I tried many versions of marinara sauces and this one is very close to Sue’s sauce. So, it quickly became a staple in our house. Now pasta is not low carb, but their are better types of pasta. We use Ronzoni pasta. You can make this up in large batches and freeze it too. Enjoy.
The Best Marinara Sauce
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes – Italian seasoned
- 1 can tomato paste – Italian seasoned
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste (i use a dash)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Place tomatoes, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Pour into a sauce pan and add the white wine and cover.
- Simmer on low for at least 1 hour. I tend to simmer mine for a few hours.
Nutritional Information – no sugar added to anything in this sauce. We usually just do 5 g carbs for the tomatoes.