Everyone loves those snacks that are out at all the parties – but how to have those and watch your carbs. This is a great snack mix that everyone will love and they will never realize it is a better option for those watching their carb intake.
Sweet Party Mix
- 4 cups bite sized corn chex cereal
- 3 cups bite sized rice chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel knots
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup packed Splenda brown sugar mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons light colored corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, blueberries or cranberries
- Lightly coat a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large roasting pan combine cereals, pretzels and almonds and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan combine brown sugar mix, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Then remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda. Pour over the cereal mix and toss to cover evenly.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes. Stir cereal and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried fruit. Spread thinly on the prepared foil to cool.
- Once cool – store in an airtight container
Nutritional Information: Serving size is 1/3 cup. 6 g carbs per serving.