These have been my favorite chocolate chip cookies since I found the recipe about 10 years ago in the novel Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. I like a crunchy chocolate chip cookie and this was just perfect. However, they were not very low carb friendly. So I got brave and began to play with the recipe. I am thrilled with this version! Still very yummy and much less sugar. Give them a try – you won’t be sorry.
Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Swerve granular
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 cups chocolate chips (Sugar free chips would lower the carb count farther)
- Melt butter and add the sugar and sweeteners and stir. Add soda, salt, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour and stir in. Add crushed corn flakes and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Form dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Press them down with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes. (cookies will not brown as much with artificial sweeteners also – so don’t over cook)
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack until they are completely cooled.
Nutritional Information: 1 cookie is 15 carbs