Fall is a favorite season around our house. Ellen has always been a Starbucks fan and loves the pumpkin spice latte. However, when you are counting carbs, Starbucks is not always your best friend – especially if the syrup you like does not come in sugar free. So, we found this recipe on an Edible Mosaic and decided to make our own sugar free pumpkin spice syrup. Now she can have her latte’s at home without any issues.
Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (canned is fine – just use solid-packed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk together all ingredients except vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to simmer and cook until thickened to your desired consistency (typically 20 – 25 minutes) whisking occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the vanilla.
- Store the syrup in the fridge and use it for lattes.
- Once chilled, if desired you can reheat prior to using.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of syrup per 8 ounce latte.