Each spring I love strawberry desserts! This year Ellen’s T1D diagnosis was right at the start of strawberry season – so I quickly started looking for options for strawberries. This recipe was the first one I tried with all new ingredients and it turned out great – I was both excited and relieved. We made it a few times this summer and I know it will be one we pull out again next spring as we are ready for strawberry season again. Thank you Diabetic Good Baking for starting us out with a great start to a new world of desserts.
Strawberry Mouse Torte
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 3/4 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Sweetener – powdered
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10.5 ounces of Strawberries
- 10.5 ounces whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener – powdered
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients for the crust in a large bowl and mix together. Form a ball from dough and press evenly into a 23 cm spring-form pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool down for a bit.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water and stir well (there should not be any lumps). Set aside to cool
- Place strawberries, powdered Swerve, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Blend with a hand blender and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add dissolved gelatin. Mix well and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream and add to the strawberry mixture. Combine well using a hand whisk.
- Pour the whole mixture on the cooled down base and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until well set.
Nutrition: per serving (1/12 of cake) – 292 calories, 6.2 grams carbohydrates