So if you are on a low carb diet many times that means no pasta, potatoes, rice, etc. But for Ellen we find it important that we just watch the carbs each day but do not deny her foods. She will have this lifestyle the rest of her life. We LOVE sweet potato fries, and a sweet potato is one of the “good” carbs since it is a complex carb. So, this side dish has become an easy staple in our household. Thanks Six Sisters for the basic recipe that we have now made our own. Enjoy!!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 – 4 small to medium sweet potatoes. 3 medium potatoes work well for 4 – 5 people.
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (2 T for 3 pots, 3 T for 4 pots)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Slice them into “fry” pieces.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large zip lock bag.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Close the bag and shake until all the potatoes are evenly covered. (Note – you can do this and let them sit for up to an hour in the bag if you are a taxi service in the afternoons too and need to do this part earlier)
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper and spread the contents out. Try to have a single layer of fries.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Pulling out halfway through and flipping the potatoes over to brown both sides.
Nutritional Information – 1 cup of fries – 114 calories, 27 g carb