A nice summer grilled dinner is one of our favorites and Bar B Que chicken is a wonderful mix. We found a great idea for a BBQ chicken grilled wrap from Recipes for Healthy Living that has become a staple this summer – especially with our baked sweet potato fries. To keep it low carb friendly, I spent time finding the best BBQ sauce. For us it was Marks’ Feed Store Sauce, a local restaurant. Their sauces have only 7 g carbs for 2 Tbsp. You can also search for a new favorite sauce at your local grocery! Hope you enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Wraps
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup low sugar BBQ sauce
- package of Mission Carb Balance Tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Preheat grill, or stove top grill
- Remove visible fat from the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the onion in rings
- Place the chicken and onion slices on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and onions over and grill 3 minutes.
- Spoon BBQ sauce over chicken and onions and grill another couple minutes till chicken is 165 degrees. Transfer to a plate and cut the chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, wrap the 8 tortillas in aluminum foil and add to the grill for 3 minutes to warm.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken and onions. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and a little extra sauce if desired.
Nutritional Information – 1 serving (2 wraps) – 52 g carbs (based upon the tortillas and sauce listed above)