Ellen’s 16th birthday was upon us and she wanted a cookie cake and icing. We had not tried either of these things yet, but hey – why not. I found a cookie recipe that tastes great – but I am still working on crispness. Once I get it figured out it will be on the blog as well. The icing, though was simple and delicious. So glad that we found this before Christmas Cookie time. Thank you to Sugar Free Mom for this great recipe.
Sugar-Free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners or powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 – 2 Tbls milk as needed
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and blend on high until smooth
- Make sure to start with just 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia then taste to adjust to your preference
- Add milk if you are frosting a cake or filling decorator bags. Add slowly to the consistency needed.
- Makes 1 1/4 cup icing
- Does not need to be refrigerated once on the cookies.
- Unused icing is good for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.
Nutritional Information: per serving – 40 calories, 0 carbs